Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Bouquet of Baby Hats


I just launched a new line to my etsy shop. I am so excited! The idea first came to me on a bus ride from London to Canterbury over a year ago, and was reignited within the past few months.

With the idea of and inspiration for baby hats burned in my mind I dove into my stash, came up with various odd-balls of yarn, and started knitting. All colors; all sizes; all sorts of baby hats flew off my needles.

And now, here are the first 18 hats listed in the shop!




The whole idea was to have a gift for babies that was fun, funky, and original. For $50 (including shipping) people will receive a beautiful and original gift ready to go! Each basket has 6 hats nestled tissue paper, creating a "bouquet" of baby hats in similar colors, although each hat is unique.



Let me know what you think I can do to make these even cuter! Like I said, the idea has been percolating for a while but I am still struggling with the best presentation for these adorable hats!

(The listing is here!)

3 comments:

Knits For Needs said...

Love those baby hats!

Trina said...

These are great, what a neat idea! Maybe you could make specific boy/girl ones?

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

What a great idea, and how cute! Thanks for sharing these with Fiber Arts Friday. Love seeing what you're knitting.