Sunday, August 17, 2008

What I've Been Doing

...in this long absence.

No internet is getting to me, guys. I'm ashamed to say it, but I want internet! I also desperately don't want internet. I could go on for days with a pro and con list (more quality time in the apartment vs. harder to check email/contact people, more reading vs. less blogging) but that would just be another lame excuse as to why I've fallen off the face of the earth for nearly two months!

Eric is wearing down too, however, so we may soon be calling AT&T with pathetic pleas.

It has, however, been a good summer. I've been working hard and playing hard.

  • Have you seen Tastespotting? This website has done nothing but feed my cooking obsession. When I do get internet (at our local cafe or restaurant) half of my time is spent gawking and drooling. Especially with summer berries upon us, all I want to do is make pies!
  • I've signed up for Mystery Stole 4! I had so much fun last year that I can't wait to start again. After stash diving, I realized I would need yarn and beads. Luckily, this weekend has been spent in Lansing, and Eric promised we could stop at Threadbear at the way out of town.
  • I've also been working on the Babette Afghan from IK crochet. It's taken a hiatus as of late, as the temperatures soar and my attention turns to schoolwork, but I'm hoping to have it done for Christmas. I'm using a medly of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in purples and greens, and am in love!






The rest of my time has been spent on less pleasant (albeit perhaps more important) pursuits. I'll be back soon to post about segways in Chicago, family reunions, and more cooking and knitting!

No comments: