Thursday, July 05, 2007

Independence in more ways than one!


Happy Fourth of July! Today was not only a much needed break from work, but a lovely day of barbecuing, movie watching and crocheting. Finally, as America celebrated her independence, my "reduce, reuse, recycle," or R3 bag was freed from my hands.

1. This bag took over 75 Meijer bags to complete. I wish I had kept track. I want to make another one, but I'm not sure I'm up to all that cutting! 250,000 men served in the War for Independence, which is quite a bit larger (although after the first big bag cutting marathon, 25 really feels no different than 250,000).
2. As a rule, I don't crochet. I haven't actually crocheted a project, well, ever. I was unprepared, nervous, and naive. Luckily, like our Founding Fathers, it all worked out in the end. Not really how I'd envisioned it - it's larger, stronger, and not quite as pretty as I'd have liked it, but I'm satisfied.

3. I want to take this to a farmer's market. I have visions of this bag brimming with vegetables as I bike home to saute and chop to my heart's content. Too bad it's a Christmas present.

Remember,
"Three it's a magic number
Yes it is, it's a magic number
Because two times three is six
And three times six is eighteen
And the eighteenth letter in the alphabet is R
We've got three R's we're going to talk about today
We've got to learn to
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"

No comments: