Thursday, November 12, 2009

Movin' On, Movin' Out

I finally got internet at my house last night. Yep, new house. New job. New life. New...no, the rest is pretty much the same. Of course i have no furniture, one cat is still in Chicago (yep, got a new cat), and my fridge is half empty. But, more on that later.





For now, a quick overview: in the last 4 months I've gone from here







where I was an undergrad, and where my significant other, friends, and mentors lived;

to here: where I lived on the couch, knit too much, and thrifted like a madwoman, before moving here:



Yep, I moved to the country.Putnam,Il, the smallest county in IL. I've already started horseback riding again, and spend my evenings watching deer, listening to coyotes, and being serenaded by the sound of gunshots during hunting season.

I'm sure there will be tons of stories to share as I embark on this adventure, because that's what it is; an adventure. It's corny to think of a "city girl moves to the country" scenario, but sometimes I do feel like a city mouse. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: